Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Recording & Transcripts
- Interactive Transcript for ADA Live! Episode 79 part 1
- Episode 79 Transcript (PDF file)
- Transcripción de episodio 79 (parte 1 de 3) Mantiene tu salud mental durante la pandemia de covid-19 (PDF file)
The worldwide Coronavirus outbreak has disrupted our daily lives. Sheltering in place, social distancing, and shortages at the grocery, have created stress and anxiety. Those of us who live alone may feel especially isolated at this time. You may be feeling helpless or sad, angry or frustrated. In times like these, we need to remember to take care of our mental health and ourselves.
In this first of three special ADA Live! episodes, we speak with Doreen Marshall, Vice President of Programs at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP). Dr. Marshall will discuss practical strategies to take care of our mental health in this time of crisis. Keep in mind that we are in this together and help is always available.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
Established in 1987, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death. AFSP is dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide. AFSP creates a culture that’s smart about mental health by engaging in the following core strategies:
- Funding scientific research
- Educating the public about mental health and suicide prevention
- Advocating for public policies in mental health and suicide prevention
- Supporting survivors of suicide loss and those affected by suicide in our mission